Parking and Pick up Procedures
ST KIERAN DROP OFF AND PICK UP ARRANGEMENTS
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE HAVE SUPERCEEDED NORMAL OPERATIONS FROM MONDAY 18 MAY DUE TO COVID -19
Western Australia is still in a state of emergency and we have needed to be responsive to the numerous changes that have been thrust on us by the everchanging landscape caused by the global pandemic of COVID-19. The following are changes that we have put into place with the advent of all students returning to St Kieran but the rules of social distancing for adults and no parents allowed on-site still active.
Morning Drop Off Procedures
Those families who are in Years 4, 5 or 6 and who do not have younger siblings at St Kieran will use the Church Car park to drop off and pick up students. You can choose to walk your child across with the assistance of Damian the crossing guard. A staff member will be available at the Tyler Street gate to allow students only to enter. Adults will not be allowed entry and must comply with social distancing requirements at this time. Please note that you may also park at Grenville and walk down to this gate and anyone who walks or rides to school may also use this gate during this time. We are limiting this area to this group as we are aware that this will not overwhelm this parking area.
This gate will be monitored between 8:10- 8:40 each day. Children will be lead to the undercover area where they will wait until 8:25 am when they will enter their classroom.
Children who attend the Ciaran Centre or our Support Centre will continue to be supported by parking outside the school and entering via the admin building and at the Mercy Convent, supported by our Special Needs staff. No other parking at the front of the school or at the convent will be permitted during drop off and pick up times.
The drop off line on Morgans Street will be open from 8:10 am each morning for the remainder of students with this gate now being closed at 8:50 am each morning. After this time students will need to enter via the school admin building. These times will also now apply to kindergarten as they will have an earlier pick-up time in the afternoon.
Daily Pick Up Procedures
For the time being all Kindergarten, Pre Primary and Siblings will continue to be picked up from 2:30 pm- 2:50 pm.
Families who are in Years 4, 5 or 6 and who do not have younger siblings at St Kieran will be walked to the Church car park in two groups and be collected from this space.
Parents of students in Year 6 please park in the bottom church car park with the entry off Waterloo Street
Parents of students in Year 4 and 5 use the top car park with the entrance off Tyler Street.
Staff will remain at both car parks to ensure children are promptly collected.
Group 1 will be walked across Cape Street by staff at 3:00 pm for those families whose surnames are between A-K.
Group 2 will be walked across Cape Street by staff at 3:15 pm for those families whose surnames are between L-Z.
This will give enough time for the first pick up parents to exit the car park safely and provide room for the 2nd group of parents. You must ensure that anyone else who picks up your child is aware of these arrangements and arrives at the right time and right car parking area.
ALL OTHER STUDENTS will be collected between 3:00 pm and 3:30 pm from the pick-up line, including those who are walking home with parents. Parents must remain on the footpath and their children will be brought to them
Please follow the instructions below to use the drop-off and pick-up line. Please note that the pickup space #3 applies only to afternoon pickups.
What happens if my work or personal circumstances doesn’t make this work for my family?
If your actual circumstances do not allow the pick up plan from the church or the Morgans Street pick up line then you will need to email email@example.com with the subject- Change required for Pick up Procedures. Please note that we are happy to accommodate genuine requests
The following information has guided our planning regarding the drop-off and pick up off students at St Kieran, especially as all students are expected to return to school from Monday May 18.
- We have approximately 100 families who have children in Years 4, 5 and 6 only and who do not have siblings in younger grades.
- We have 54 families that have a child in pre-primary of which 22 have older siblings
- We have 55 kindergarten families of which 24 have older siblings some of those also in pre-primary
- We have approximately 140 families who only have children at Saint Kieran between years 1 to 3
- We have approximately 35 families whose children attend either the Ciaran or Support Centre, many of these requiring assistance to enter and leave the school.
- Approximately less than 7% of our families are within a 10 minute walk of the school.
- We have only had 45 families acknowledged that they have an older sibling at Servite College
- There are approximately 800 families whose children attend Servite College
- There is only 1 drop off and pick up area for vehicles between the two schools on Morgans Street.
- Students from St Kieran are NOT allowed to enter Servite College at this current time.
- There are approximately 60 parking bays at the church and a crosswalk attendant on duty from 8 am-9 am and 2:45 pm -3:45 pm each school day.